Heltwate encourages pupils to do the best they can to achieve their potential in a safe, supportive and calm environment by a team who supports them throughout their time here.
Our desire is to be outstanding in every area, to maximise every pupil’s opportunities and potential. Individual attainment should be the best it can be, LEARNING through enjoyment and hard work are essential.
We will set high expectations and create a strong feeling of community. A family ethos will exist throughout the school. All members should CARE for each other.
Pupil achievement will be SHARED and celebrated no matter how small the steps.
Pupils will GROW and develop socially and life skills will become an important part of that growth.
- To provide a happy, stimulating, supportive, secure and positive environment which is high in expectation and which creates a strong feeling of community.
- To provide a broad and balanced education based on the National Curriculum.
- To ensure pupils in all key stages will receive age appropriate, relevant, curricular opportunities and experiences, which will reflect and respect differing developmental levels.
- To promote equality of opportunity to maximise pupil potential, academically, morally, socially and emotional.
- To ensure personal and social needs are met.
- To stimulate in pupils a positive attitude to lifelong learning through a foundation of curiosity and interest in the world around them.
- To provide pupils with opportunities to develop active leisure interests which will enhance their adult lives.
- To promote continuity and progression through collaboration, joint planning and evaluation.
- To maintain efficient recording, assessment and reporting processes.
- To be active in its partnership with parents/carers and all other agencies.
- To ensure that all staff feel valued and able to contribute positively to the development of the school.
- To encourage and support the professional development of all staff thus promoting continual school development.
- To forge links with the community, its people, schools, business, social groups, and those training in the education and caring professions.
- To act as a base for local groups.