Heltwate provides a happy and safe environment where pupils are encouraged to do the best they can by a team who supports them throughout their time here.
Our desire is to be outstanding in every area, to maximise every pupil’s opportunities and potential.
Individual attainment should be the best it can be, LEARNING through enjoyment and hard work are essential.
Pupil achievement will be SHARED and celebrated no matter how small the step.
Pupils will GROW and develop socially and life skills will become an important part of that growth.
A family ethos will exist throughout the school. All members should CARE for each other.
Heltwate’s Vision is to provide a happy, stimulating, supportive, secure and positive environment which is high in expectation and creates a strong feeling of community.
- To provide a happy, healthy, stimulating, supportive, secure and positive environment which is high in expectation and which creates a strong feeling of community.
- To provide a high quality broad and balanced education based on the National Curriculum which meets the needs of our SEND pupils.
- To ensure pupils in all key stages will receive age appropriate, relevant, curricular opportunities and experiences, which will reflect and respect differing developmental levels.
- To promote equality of opportunity to maximise pupil potential, academically, morally, socially, spiritually, culturally and emotionally.
- To ensure personal and social needs are met.
- To stimulate in pupils a positive attitude to lifelong learning through a foundation of curiosity and interest in the world around them.
- To provide pupils with opportunities to develop active leisure interests which will enhance their adult lives.
- To promote continuity and progression through collaboration, joint planning and evaluation listening to the views of children, parents and carers.
- To actively measure progress and maintain efficient recording, assessment and reporting processes.
- To be active in its partnership with parents, carers and all other agencies.
- To ensure that all staff feel valued and able to contribute positively to the development of the school.
- To encourage and support the professional development of all staff thus promoting continual school development.
- To forge links with the community, its people, schools, business, social groups, and those training in the education and caring professions.
- Share our special educational needs expertise with others as a fundamental part of our ethos.
- Ensure our pupils are safe and learn to keep themselves and others safe.