VISION, VALUES , AIMS, AND ETHOS
The school “motto” can be summarised as;
“Learning, Sharing, Growing Caring”
Heltwate’s Vision is to provide a happy, stimulating, supportive, secure and positive environment, which is high in expectation and creates a strong feeling of community.
As a school, we are fully committed to:
- providing a LEARNING environment founded on happiness, enjoyment and hard work, and making individual attainment the best it can be;
- SHARING and celebrating all pupil’s achievements no matter how small the step;
- GROWING the life skills of pupils as they, themselves grow and develop socially; and
- Instilling a CARING, community ethos throughout the school.
- To provide a happy, healthy, stimulating, supportive, secure and positive environment which is high in expectation and which creates a strong feeling of community.
- To provide a high quality broad and balanced education based on the National Curriculum, which meets the needs of our SEND pupils.
- To ensure pupils in all key stages will receive age appropriate, relevant, curricular opportunities and experiences, which will reflect and respect differing developmental levels.
- To promote equality of opportunity to maximise pupil potential, academically, morally, socially, spiritually, culturally and emotionally.
- To ensure personal and social needs are met.
- To stimulate in pupils a positive attitude to lifelong learning through a foundation of curiosity and interest in the world around them.
- To provide pupils with opportunities to develop active leisure interests which will enhance their adult lives.
- To promote continuity and progression through collaboration, joint planning and evaluation listening to the views of children, parents and carers.
- To actively measure progress and maintain efficient recording, assessment and reporting processes.
- To be active in its partnership with parents, carers and all other agencies.
- To ensure that all staff feel valued and able to contribute positively to the development of the school.
- To encourage and support the professional development of all staff thus promoting continual school development.
- To forge links with the community, its people, schools, business, social groups, and those training in the education and caring professions.
- Share our special educational needs expertise with others as a fundamental part of our ethos.
- Ensure our pupils are safe and learn to keep themselves and others safe.